Summary: The person in this position should be a committed Christian disciple who possesses strong interpersonal, administrative, and organizational skills. under the direct supervision of the Director of Children’s Ministries, this position assists the Director in coordinating all weekly structured children’s activities from birth to 5th grade, and is responsible for the recruitment and development of nursery caregivers and children’s volunteers. This position also assists the Director with all special events, workshops, programs, and activities. This position requires a person who holds a strong interest in the overall well-being and spiritual growth of children and is willing to serve and work with others, especially volunteers, in a team ministry setting.
- Build relationships with parents, caregivers, and children so as to instill trust and confidence in the care and spiritual development of the children and each family.
- Assist in the coordinating of all structured children’s activities, help provide training for all Children’s Ministry volunteers, and assist with all special events, including but not limited to Vacation Bible School, mission programs, Fall Festival, and Easter Egg Hunt.
- Serve as the personnel administrator for paid nursery caregivers.
- Hire, fire, train, and recruit paid nursery caregivers.
- Maintain records of training and certifications, including Safe Sanctuary and CPR/First Aid.
- Oversee time cards and verify hours worked by each caregiver for payroll before passing them on for processing.
- Schedule paid and volunteer caregivers for all CUMC-sponsored events, especially worship, special services, and MOPS.
- Assist with organization, stocking, and maintenance of all children’s supply areas.
- Maintains rosters of children and families for nursery and preschool-age programs within the Children’s Ministry of CUMC.
- Oversee and provide quality, age and stage appropriate worship experiences for Little Kids’ Church (ages 3 to 5).
- Relationship building
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibility for all paid and volunteer nursery caregivers.
Work Environment: This position operates in a professional church office environment and age-appropriate ministry environments. The range of work requires adaptability and may require routine use of standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a 20 hour per week, part-time position. Days and hours of work will be worked out and agreed upon with the Director of Children’s Ministries based upon the needs of the church. Weeks leading up to large-scale events will be compensated for more hours to be agreed upon ahead of time.
Preferred Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Two years or more years of experience in a similar or related field.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and cover letter to Shelby Ruch-Teegarden (email@example.com), including all relevant work experience, why you’re interested in this position, and two (2) references.
Projected Hiring Date: August 1, 2021
Collierville United Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
454 West Poplar Avenue Collierville, TN 38017
June 8, 2021