Position: Associate Director of Children
Responsible to: Director of Children
Non-exempt, part-time, 25 hours a week
$16 – $19 per hour (Based on experience)
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Role: Support the Director of Children in creating an environment and providing leadership that guides children into a relationship with Jesus Christ and instills a motivation to serve.
General Description: An energetic, dynamic person to create and implement Sunday morning Children’s Worship and annual special events to engage families in the church and community in the life of Marietta FUMC. This role requires hours worked Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, special events, and office hours throughout the week.
Specific Job Responsibilities
● Lead Sunday morning children’s worship including planning and execution for regular and special Sunday themes; creating an exciting and engaging learning environment through use of multi-sensory activities such as music, video, and hands-on lessons.
● Coordinate and lead a weekly large group Sunday School opening.
● Evolve Sunday mornings activities for children at Marietta FUMC to be a fun, safe, dynamic place that children want to attend and where they can grow closer to God
● Vision, plan, and implement Children’s Ministry special events, including but not limited to: Valentine’s Dances, Easter Egg Hunt, Family Field Day, Fall Festival, Advent Workshop, and Parents Night Out for the purpose of building fellowship and community.
● Work with the Director of Children’s Ministry to plan and execute a high-quality Vacation Bible School, with the goal of outreach to the greater Marietta community and unchurched families. This requires advanced planning and organization, plus extra hours the week before and during VBS.
● Propose ideas for new children’s activities and events.
● Assist Director of Children’s Ministry as needed with Sunday School, Power 45, consignment sale and summer events.
● Promote VBS and special events on social media, eblasts and church bulletin, and coordinate registrations.
● Continually identify and empower volunteers to assist with special events throughout the year.
● Coordinate facilities usage and support services for VBS and special events.
Children’s Ministry Community Engagement
● Establish and maintain relationships of trust with children, parents, and volunteers in the church and in the community.
● Be an ambassador for Marietta FUMC in the community.
● Be present on Sunday morning and Wednesday evenings to greet and engage with families.
● Work with children’s staff and ministry team to implement children’s ministry programs with church engagement in mind.
● Build relationships with Sunday School classes, small groups, and other connectional groups within the body of the church to engage them with volunteers and support opportunities for special events.
● Become proficient with Marietta FUMC software.
● Work closely with the Director of Children in planning and adhering to an annual budget.
● Attend and participate in Program, Staff and Children’s Ministry Team meetings as scheduled.
Requirements for the Position
● A passion for Jesus Christ and the desire to share that passion with others.
● Ability to work effectively on a team with volunteers, parents, and other staff members.
● Attention to details in short and long term planning.
● Manage multiple tasks and/or events simultaneously.
● Work independently and reach out for support when needed.
● Demonstrate a love and value for people and relationships.
● Help find solutions to any problems, issues or ministry challenges.
● Energetic and dynamic personality
● Experience working with children and developing age appropriate programming.
● Social media experience
● Background check
● Safe Sanctuary Training
● Ongoing continuing education in children’s ministry
Marietta First United Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
56 Whitlock Ave NW, Marietta, GA 30064
September 22, 2020