Assistant Director of 1stStudents
The Assistant Director of 1stStudents assists in the development of our student ministry, and will align with the mission and discipleship process of First United Methodist Church. The Assistant Director of 1ststudents collaborates with the Director of 1ststudents to develop and implement a comprehensive ministry to students. The primary goal is to help students lead students to connect, grow, serve, and lead
Duties, Responsibilities and goals:
- Work closely with the Director of Student Ministries, staff and parent leadership team to lead ministry programs that resonate with students and facilitate spiritual growth as disciples of Jesus.
- Provide strong organizational, communication, and planning skills.
- Assist in the leadership, planning, development, improvement and organization of the student ministry.
- Mentor and build community with students, young adults, parents, and volunteers through spiritual leadership.
- Help construct and implement a recruitment strategy for new leaders.
- Visit with students at Middle School and High Schools 2-3 times a week.
- Assist in leading dynamic worship services and facilitate small group discipleship.
- Assist in implementing various special events and programs including (but not limited to): Confirmation Program, Retreats, Mission Trips, Lock-Ins, Summer Programs, Youth Sunday, and other events.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
Qualifications, Education And/or Experience
- Deep, abiding, faith in Jesus Christ and love for people.
- An understanding of Traditional Methodist Theology
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with at least 1 year of experience in Youth Ministry.
- Passion and calling for communicating the love of Christ to people from various backgrounds and belief
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to teach Sunday School lessons, and deliver messages as necessary.
- Strong leadership and relational skills, self-starter, strong initiative, and vision.
- Great verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Ability to lead, recruit, train, and develop leaders.
- A positive team player and self-motivated individual committed to excellence.
- Sense of Humor
- Ability to demonstrate character, core values, and personal lifestyle compatible with a Christ-centered ministry and being willing to embrace the mission and strategic plans of First Methodist Shreveport.
United Methodist Church
500 Common Street
October 30, 2017