We are a Christian, Evangelical Church with a large and growing Outreach to At-Risk Kids in central Colorado Springs. In addition to the church and it’s ministries, we also operate 2 Children’s Centers with about 65 staff serving 325 children ages 6 weeks – 13 years. We are looking to hire applicants with a love for kids and a heart for ministry.
This is a church staff position, and the applicant needs to be willing to become an active member of Springs of Life Church. For more information and our statement of faith, you can find us on the web at Springsoflife.org. We are primarily looking for individuals with an active faith in Christ and a life pattern of involvement in church and ministry.
Springs of Life Church and Children’s Centers are following a unique ministry model that needs the help of a gifted youth ministry team of leaders in our School Age/Youth department. This team is made up of several Assistant Directors under the leadership of our School Age Director and Youth Pastor. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to serve in youth ministry and develop as a leader. We have several Assistant Director positions with different focus points, all working together as a team. The ideal candidate will have experience working with school age children in ministry and/or licensed childcare.
This position will report directly to our School Age Director and will be a key leader in School Age Program (SAP) Implementation, SAP Administration, and Youth Ministries.
1. SAP Implementation
- Leading a School-Age group of 15 kids (Ages 5-13 years)
- Running and/or Supervising daily schedule and activities
- Implementing center and state rules and regulations regarding school-age programs
- Ensuring a safe program environment for kids
- Meal service (Lunch and Afternoon Snack served at the center daily)
- General Clean-Up of Classroom throughout the day and at day’s end
2. SAP Administration
- Program planning and development
- Administrative tasks including managing files, data entry, cleaning, and organization. The ideal candidate will have experience with Microsoft applications – specifically using Excel.
3. Youth Ministry
- Assistant Directors must have a heart for seeing kids come to know the Lord. This is our highest priority in all we do.
- Building relationships with kids, parents and staff members.
- Being on our leadership team for all youth outreaches – specifically our Wednesday night events.
- $12 – $15/hr, DOE
- Full time (schedule TBD)
- Competitive pay scale
- Opportunity to do meaningful work in vocational ministry
- Training for growth in ministry leadership
- Paid Holidays, plus 2-3 weeks PTO (Paid Time Off)
Springs of Life Church & Childcare Center
3704 East Uintah Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
June 7, 2018