Status: This is a full-time, non-exempt, support-level position with full benefits (health, dental, vision, employer 403(b) retirement contribution)
Pay: $42,000-$45,000 per year
Colorado Community Church: We are an interdenominational and multicultural church located in the Denver-metro area. Our calling is to, “Transform our city and beyond by connecting people to Christ, Community and Calling.” We endeavor to honor the various Christian traditions in the body of Christ and strive to be an externally focused church used by God to spread the gospel of Christ and serve as an agent of unity among the churches in our city. At present we have four weekend service times with two venues operating concurrently (Worship Center & Upper Room) with an average weekend attendance of approximately 2200+ adults and 300+ children (0-5th grade).
We offer excellent benefits including employer-paid health insurance premiums, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement with employer-paid contribution (for 40/hour week employees), paid sick time and a healthy, Christ-honoring work culture.
Application Process: Qualified and interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume/portfolio which can include relevant work experience, education, personal testimony and three personal references.
All materials should be emailed directly to: email@example.com
Job Description Summary: The Assistant Director of Youth Ministry is one who oversees the middle school ministry (grades 6-8) and has a passion to see teens connected to Christ, Community and Calling. This position reports to the Director of Youth Ministry.
- Provide vision, leadership, and resources for an effective Middle School Ministry.
- Assist the Director of Youth Ministry in developing an annual strategic plan for the overall Youth Ministry.
- Assist the Director of Youth Ministry in developing an annual budget for the overall Youth Ministry.
- Assist the Director of Youth Ministry in recruiting and developing adult volunteer leaders.
- Lead, develop, and regularly teach at programs in Middle School Ministry (Weekend & Midweek).
- Lead and develop special Middle School Ministry events (retreats, camps, service projects, mission trips, etc.).
- Provide encouragement and support for students and staff from local middle school campuses.
- Weave fabrics of friendship with other youth ministries or parachurch organizations to help grow fruit on others’ trees.
- Assist the Director of Youth Ministry in providing leadership for youth baptism classes.
- Develop meaningful relationships with youth and their families.
- Provide spiritual direction and counsel to middle school students and their families.
- Pursue opportunities to integrate youth into the larger church body.
- Schedule: Keep regular, weekly office hours (as much as possible) and attend 5th weekend services, holiday services, etc.
- Meetings: Attend all required meetings (“Devos & Prayer”, Monthly All Staff, Annual Retreat, etc.).
- Perform other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Youth Ministry.
- A Christ honoring life marked by personal holiness, prayer, bible study, spiritual and emotional maturity and increasing dependence on the Holy Spirit (Titus 1:6-9, 1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Unquestionable integrity specifically in areas of handling finances, relationships and time management.
- A person with a spirit of submission, eagerness, flexibility, a teachable spirit and a sense of humor!
- The ideal candidate will have solid pastoral gifting who naturally shepherds and equips others for the work of ministry (Eph. 4:12). They will have a genuine love for middle school youth and bring an energy, passion and enthusiasm to their ministry.
- Ability to soundly teach God’s Word in an inspiring and relational manner that connects with teenagers.
- Undergraduate degree is preferred but 2-3 years of youth ministry experience acceptable.
- Exemplifies sound discretion and confidentiality in decision making and interpersonal interactions.
- Broad knowledge of adolescent development and needs.
- Comfortable in interdenominational and multicultural settings.
- Basic organizational skills and forward thinking in terms of planning and scheduling.
- Basic computer skills and comfortable operating various software programs (Google, MS Word, etc.).
- Willing to learn and effectively utilize the church database system.
- In full agreement with and champions Colorado Community’s Calling, Convictions and Statement of Faith.
- Supportive of the structure and leadership of Colorado Community Church.
- Passionate about seeing others succeed.
- Strives for excellence in all work duties.
Colorado Community Church
2220 S. Chambers Rd., Aurora, CO 80014
March 13, 2019