Davidson United Methodist Church
Administrative Coordinator for
Infants, Children, Youth, and College (Next Gen) Ministries
Provide administrative assistance and support to the NextGen Ministry staff.
Status: part-time, hourly, non-exempt, at-will
Hours: 20 – 24 hours per week (typically Monday-Thursday)
Benefits: 403(b) retirement plan, paid time off, and dental insurance (available)
Supervisor: Next Gen Ministries Architect
Primary Duties (including but not limited to)
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information within the church’s data bases (ACS and Breeze) including address, contact information, important dates, medical alerts, etc.)
- Maintain attendance records for NextGen programs and activities. Assist in annual statistical reporting to Conference.
- Ensure up-to-date background checks are run for volunteers and staff working with children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
- Maintain and monitor on-line payments (and related records/data) for NextGen programs and activities.
- Assist Ministry Staff in the preparation of NextGen invoices and reimbursement requests for payment. This includes the coding of invoices and monitoring of budget expenditures.
- Assist Ministry Staff with calendaring, room scheduling, and childcare scheduling for NextGen programs and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Approved Safe Sanctuary background check required (upon offer of employment).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Ability and willingness to learn church membership software (ACS Technologies and Breeze).
- Be respectful of United Methodist tradition and practices. Practicing Christian preferred.
- Basic understanding of the Bible.
- Passion for intergenerational ministry serving infants, children, youth, young adults, and their families.
- Emotionally mature and ability to lead by example.
- Able to work independently, sometimes without direct supervision.
- Able to collaborate with diverse individuals.
- Communicate well both in written and verbal forms.
- Experience with church culture a plus.
Interested and qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Scott Howell at firstname.lastname@example.org
United Methodist Church
233 South Main Street, Davidson, NC 28036
September 22, 2022