One thing you need to remember is that during the interview process you are interviewing the church as much as they are interviewing you. It’s just reality that you need to ask them a ton of questions. That’s generally why you need multiple interviews with many different people. I suggest you figure out what questions you can ask the pastor, students, parents, elders, deacons, board members, assistants, secretaries, random people you meet. All of them are potential major sources of information that will help you as you job hunt. Don’t hesitate to ask questions. They expect you to and honestly will like you more if you show that you are all about figuring out what they are.
So here’s what we will talk about:
3. Start writing your interview questions (you will be interviewing them)
4. Prep Work (be the most informed candidate they have)
5. Resumes, video introductions, cover letters and applications
6. Interviews: Presenting yourself well
7. Interviews: How to get a second one
8. Face to face to face to face. What to do when they bring you in for a weekend?
9. Negotiating 101
10. Negotiating 201
11. Seeking Discernment: Praying, asking friends, checking with family.