Unless it is a pre-order item all our inventory is live on the store. This means that the store won’t let you buy a product we don’t have ready-to-ship immediately.
In order words, if it’s a regular product and you buy it, you won’t get a back-order notice from us.
Since our store is pretty small and all of the inventory is stored in Adam’s house, we don’t keep mass quantities of books on hand. We do offer case quantity discounts which allow us to ship your order directly from the publishers warehouse.
See Case Quantity Discounts
Do you offer digital copies of your books?
So here’s the scoop on this question.
- We sell some products that are completely created as digital. (See downloads category in our store.) You are basically getting a ZIP file with a PDF, maybe some videos, maybe some other digital good. That’s a digital product through and through.
- For books made for print, our digital version of choice right now is for the Amazon Kindle. We originally tried to offer books for the Kindle and iBooks but we found that iBooks simply didn’t sell as well as Kindle versions. Plus, Amazon adds some powerful incentives for making our products digitally exclusive to Amazon. (Read… they pay us more money!)
As time goes on we know this will change. But as of right now that’s our official answer.
Do you offer bulk discounts?
Bulk orders are usually baked right into the set-up of an individual item, they aren’t a special deal… just a normal bit of awesomeness we do. 🙂
Bulk pricing varies by product, sometimes you start getting a discount with as little as 5 copies. But for most of our books the bulk rate is added when you purchase 20 or more copies of a book.
From time to time we allow customers to backorder a product via our online store.
A couple things to know about backorders.
- Backorders are only available for products that we can replenish rapidly. We set-up the ability to backorder on a product-by-product basis, so if you are allowed to backorder something it means we can get it to you rather quickly.
- We might split your order, but feel free to tell us what you want. In general, since the store software alerts you that you are ordering a backordered item, we assume that you can wait a week or so for that item to become available. If that’s not the case, please put a note on your order when completing your order or otherwise let us know. Usually, if we think it makes sense to split the order into multiple shipments, we’ll just do that and send the rest of the stuff on when it becomes available. But if you HAVE TO have other non-backordered items pronto… please let us know.
- Backorders for The Youth Cartel publishing products happen most often when we have a surge in demand for one of our books. Our printer is local (San Diego, CA) so we usually can have things replenished in a week. Obviously, we try to stay ahead of it… but sometimes a surge on a title is such that it takes a little bit to recover.
Do you support your products if they are purchased at another retailer?
Absolutely! If you purchased one of our products from one of our retail partners, you’re a customer of ours. If you have any questions about the product you’ve purchased or have a problem with it in any way, please drop us a line by filling out the form below.
Question: I want to buy one of your books from Amazon but the status says that it’s temporarily out of stock, what should I do?
Answer: There are a few options. Understand that what happens at Amazon is out of our control, they are a major distribution partner for us, but we don’t control how they operate.
First, you can order the book from our online store. Second, you can order the book from one of our other retailers.
Most of the items in our store include a free sample you can download. (PDF)
Typically, this is the first chapter of a book or first lesson of the curriculum.