Unless it is a pre-order item all our inventory is live on the store. This means that the store won’t let you buy a product we don’t have ready-to-ship immediately.
In order words, if it’s a regular product and you buy it, you won’t get a back-order notice from us.
Since our store is pretty small and all of the inventory is stored in Adam’s house, we don’t keep mass quantities of books on hand. We do offer case quantity discounts which allow us to ship your order directly from the publishers warehouse.
See Case Quantity Discounts
Physical product ordered directly from our online store may be returned to us within 30 days in new, unused condition for a full-refund, less any shipping costs. Refunds will be processed in the manner you paid. For instance, if you paid via PayPal your PayPal account will receive the refund.
Digital products may not be returned. If you are not pleased with the quality of the digital product you have purchased, please contact us. In some cases, if the product did not meet your expectations, we may issue a partial or complete refund.
We know there are a lot of great places to buy youth ministry resources. So why should you buy from us and not someone else?
Support the Cartel
“I love what you guys are doing.” We hear that all the time and we are really humbled by that. Thank you for noticing!
At the same time, we need you to express that in practical ways by buying stuff from us so we can continue the mission of The Youth Cartel. We’re a small business, not a ministry funded by donors.
The bottom line is that your order helps us keep going. (And growing!)
It Stays in the Family
By placing an order on our store, you are building our business. The Cartel is a family-business, literally!
Join the community
Join our Facebook group where you can ask questions directly to our editorial team and/or author. So you can see how other people are using a specific curriculum, post your questions, share ideas, and otherwise connect with people who are reading or using the same stuff as you.
Don’t see a topic that fits your needs? Ask it!
We Can’t Compete
We know that there are sites out there that can beat our prices. Heck, no one can compete with Amazon because of their economies of scale. Just know that when you spend a few pennies more it makes a big difference for us.
Actually, Buy it on Amazon!
All that said, when it comes to stuff from our publishing line, it helps us just as much to buy it from Amazon or one of our other distributors. So do what’s best for you… all we care is getting great youth ministry resources into your hands.
Do you offer digital copies of your books?
So here’s the scoop on this question.
- We sell some products that are completely created as digital. (See downloads category in our store.) You are basically getting a ZIP file with a PDF, maybe some videos, maybe some other digital good. That’s a digital product through and through.
- For books made for print, our digital version of choice right now is for the Amazon Kindle. We originally tried to offer books for the Kindle and iBooks but we found that iBooks simply didn’t sell as well as Kindle versions. Plus, Amazon adds some powerful incentives for making our products digitally exclusive to Amazon. (Read… they pay us more money!)
As time goes on we know this will change. But as of right now that’s our official answer.
Do you offer bulk discounts?
Bulk orders are usually baked right into the set-up of an individual item, they aren’t a special deal… just a normal bit of awesomeness we do. 🙂
Bulk pricing varies by product, sometimes you start getting a discount with as little as 5 copies. But for most of our books the bulk rate is added when you purchase 20 or more copies of a book.
From time to time we allow customers to backorder a product via our online store.
A couple things to know about backorders.
- Backorders are only available for products that we can replenish rapidly. We set-up the ability to backorder on a product-by-product basis, so if you are allowed to backorder something it means we can get it to you rather quickly.
- We might split your order, but feel free to tell us what you want. In general, since the store software alerts you that you are ordering a backordered item, we assume that you can wait a week or so for that item to become available. If that’s not the case, please put a note on your order when completing your order or otherwise let us know. Usually, if we think it makes sense to split the order into multiple shipments, we’ll just do that and send the rest of the stuff on when it becomes available. But if you HAVE TO have other non-backordered items pronto… please let us know.
- Backorders for The Youth Cartel publishing products happen most often when we have a surge in demand for one of our books. Our printer is local (San Diego, CA) so we usually can have things replenished in a week. Obviously, we try to stay ahead of it… but sometimes a surge on a title is such that it takes a little bit to recover.
I can’t find my receipt, can I get a new one?
Absolutely! Send in a request via our Help Center below and tell us as much about your order as you can remember. Things like: When you ordered, what the total was, what you ordered, what email address you used, what the name on the order was… anything that’ll help us find it in our system.
When we find it, we’ll send it back as a PDF.
For future orders, make sure you login or create an account with our store. That way, any future order will be right on your My Account page.
Do you support your products if they are purchased at another retailer?
Absolutely! If you purchased one of our products from one of our retail partners, you’re a customer of ours. If you have any questions about the product you’ve purchased or have a problem with it in any way, please drop us a line by filling out the form below.
Question: I want to buy one of your books from Amazon but the status says that it’s temporarily out of stock, what should I do?
Answer: There are a few options. Understand that what happens at Amazon is out of our control, they are a major distribution partner for us, but we don’t control how they operate.
First, you can order the book from our online store. Second, you can order the book from one of our other retailers.